Thursday, 24 January 2013

Ceiling Inspired

Ceilings are an obsession of mine. It started at an early age gawping at the double cornicing gracing my first home in Glasgow. I would marvel for hours at the multitude of shapes I could muster out of plaster.

The obsession grew stronger at church. Each Sunday, sermons were wasted on me as I alleviate boredom by gazing skyward.

There have been a plethora of stubbed toes as roofs distract me while walking. The graceful gene eludes me you see.

So it makes perfect sense that I reference some of my favourite ceilings while attempting to go through the design process ahead of my capsule clothing collection.

This is St John's in Edinburgh, right at the corner of Lothian Road and Princes Street. It's a little slice of architectural Elysium. Enjoy.









4 comments:

  1. Wow! I walk past this church everyday on the way to work and have never been in but its so beautiful! Might need to look one day on my lunch break. My dad always used to say to me when growing up, don't look down, look up as there is so much nice architecture on Glasgow buildings too at home, so maybe I should take his advice.
    Lianne x
    rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing: I pass St John's every day on the way to work too and I've never been inside either! Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful xx

    mac lipstick give away ; 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete