Sunday, 5 August 2012

Marc Jacob Resort Collection 2013 looks familiar

Rainy Sunday afternoons are spent blog browsing at LILP HQ.

While scrolling through The Fashion Editor at Large I was hooked on their Olympic Opening Ceremony post by Bethan Holt. The countries comparisons to collections was inspired. Guyana was twinned with Marc Jacobs Resort 2013 showcase so I had to find out more as I hadn't peeked at it yet.

There's a real heavy floral vibe in vibrant colour. Vogue said it 'sampled the linear seventies, the puffball eighties, and deconstructed nineties' which there's definite hints off but I think the longer gowns scream Schiaparelli.

The thirties were by far the most fashion forward decade we've ever encountered and Elsa Schiaparelli's slinky simple shapes with bold prints seem to be the style inspiration behind Marc Jacobs summer duds.

It also sprouted a style memory circa 2009. Here's Zoe&I in a wee photo shoot for A Girl's Guide To Vintage in two bright trench coats. In my mind I'm convinced Marc found a copy of my book and was so inspired he created a collection round it.... and then I woke up!








No comments:

Post a Comment