Monday, 27 February 2012

Oscars 2012 - Year of the sleeve

This year the red carpet was crammed full of cover ups. From capped to capes the world's most stylish senorita's brought back the sleeve.

Proving what I'd been presuming for a while; the arm is the new arse.

I can't escape the pleas from people requesting a bicep cover up. It comes from every fashion angle regardless of age, shape and size. I even had a girlfriend confess she constantly conceals them, which doesn't bode well for us mere mortals as she teaches yoga for a living!

However it has been hard to find fashion to fit the remit so I was chuffed to bits to see this year's Oscar clad lasses step out in some stylish sleeves.

Berenice Bejo in mint green Elie Saab
Jennifer Lopez in shimmering Zuhair Murad
Meryl Streep in gold custom Lanvin
Anna Faris in black backless DVF
TV presenter Louise Roe in structured Black Halo


2 comments:

  1. they ALL look stunning, I love dresses with sleeves at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Oscars - great looks!

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete